Ten scientists from 6 countries of the WPRS geographic area have been invited to join in the launching of the study group.
- Organise a meeting every two years.
- Stimulate cooperation between scientists, regulatory authorities, and industry
- Exchange ideas and expertise among group members, and encourage international collaboration
- Identify factors challenging and limiting the implementation of IPM programs of date palms at different levels of research, development, consultation, and technology transfer
- Develop and implement IPM strategies in the date palm orchards and the packing houses
- Develop research activities and propose collaborative research projects in date-producing countries
The results of the working group’s activities are published in bulletins:
The 1st Conference of the IOBC-WPRS Study Group “Integrated Protection of Date Palms” took place on 13-14 March 2017 at the Arabian Gulf University, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain.
date palm, insect pests, plant pathogens, natural enemies, biological control, IPM, post harvest treatments, molecular diagnostics