The prevention and/or suppression of key pests and diseases must be supported among other options especially by:
- The protection and enhancement of beneficial organisms (e.g. predatory mites, arthropod predators, parasitoids, pollinators),
- Use of adequate cultivation techniques (e.g. green cover, alternate mowing, etc.),
- Use of optimum fertilization (especially low nitrogen input) and irrigation practices,
- Ecological infrastructures inside and outside production sites to enhance a supportive conservation biological and to control of key pests by antagonists (e.g. field margins, selection of native plants in hedgerows),
- Removal of infected organ/plants in case of uncurable diseases (e.g. apple proliferation, fireblight).