Virus diseases of oilseed rape (Brassica napus subs. napus) in the Czech Republic


Abstract: In autumn 2016 the unusually high abundance of green peach aphid (Myzus persicae) occurred on oilseed rape fields across the Czech Republic. This species is a vector of Turnip yellows virus (TuYV) and Turnip mosaic virus (TuMV), which are commonly found on oilseed rape. The nationwide monitoring of these two viruses was made using detection by Triple Antibody Sandwich Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay (TAS-ELISA) and Double Antibody Sandwich ELISA (DAS-ELISA). The test revealed high occurrence of TuYV – 93.7% of tested samples were positive. On the other hand, the occurrence of TuMV was very low – just 0.2% of samples were positive. In spring 2017 the monitoring were targeted on TuYV occurrence in oilseed rape cultivars, one of them resistant. Totally, 3221 samples were tested. Only 31 (0.96%) samples were negative, the rest – 3195 (99.04%) were positive on TuYV. Very low correlation between cultivar resistance and level of absorbance measured in ELISA test was proven. There were low differences in yield between resistant and susceptible cultivars. In spring 2018, another testing of resistant susceptible cultivars was realized. Totally 512 samples were tested, the result will be analysed.

Cookie Consent with Real Cookie Banner